Book Open Water Swimming
Online Bookings and Payment in advance only – £8 per hour swim.
If booking more than one ticket per session, you must complete attendee details for each person on the order form to comply with insurance requirements. Each attendee must complete the Swimmer Responsibility Statement BEFORE arriving on site
Please do not arrive on site without prior booking and payment – there are no facilities for refunds for missed or late arrival for session.
Customers are asked to book hourly slots – Arrive onsite/in car park field no more than 15 mins prior to beginning of their time slot – walk to Lakeside 5 minutes before their Session starts. Please ensure you have read the Swimmer Information below the ticketing box
You can book your session here or direct on the Eventbrite Website Please select the date and time you require. Presently there are a maximum of 12 swimmers per one hour slot
Car Parking –
- Please follow signs to Car Parking field
- Please park alongside a Covid-19 Parking Poss in field t – all are spaced with ample spacing
- allowing a minimum of 2 m spacing between vehicles
- Drivers/spectators – to stay in car /car park respecting social distancing- no spectators on
- Follow the one way system back to the main road-
- Please note when exiting the Car Park Field you will be joining a track which is a public
- footpath – please drive cautiously at 5 mph being alert for dogs, walkers and
- oncoming vehicles
Changing – to be carried out by or in the car –
- Please note Lenches Lakes staff unable to help zip up wetsuits .
- All changing and shower facilities are closed.
- Toilets – remain open . heavily used areas such as cubicles door and handles, flush panels, and toilet door are disinfected – regularly
- All swimmers must wear a bright hat and gloves . Gloves worn to reduce risk of infection from holding onto Entry/Exit Rail
- Non Wetsuit Swimmers must swim with a tow float
- Wet suit swimmers encouraged to wear a tow float
To help customers enjoy the open water experience safely, swimmers will be asked to complete an on line Swimmer Responsibility and Registration document which covers key safety and welfare information – this document is only required once at the start of each summer season.- Completion online prior to attending first session
Swimmers will each receive a Lenches Lakes Swimmers Card with relevant safety details, this card will be required each swim to enable Lenches Lakes maintain good safety practices.
Please be aware of Covid -19 Symptoms ; do not come on site if you or a member of your household are displaying any symptoms
The main symptoms of Coronavirus are:
- a high temperature – you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not necessarily need to take your temperature)
- a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than your norm, if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you’ve noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
Please follow the guidelines below
- Car Parking – each car to park alongside a post which is a minimum of 2m away from another car.
- Bikes – lakeside plenty of trees to lean against
- All changing to be carried out by /in car
- Pre-swim – Cover any open wounds
- Post-swim – Showering in fresh water, rinsing and clean ALL swimming equipment
- and washing hands prior to eating and drinking.
- Report any sudden illness post swim to Lenches Lakes as soon as possible
- Seek professional medical attention clearly stating swimmer has been swimming in
- open water.
Swimmers to wear wetsuits or non-wetsuit swimmers must swim with a tow float
Swimmers under 18 years of age
Lenches Lakes and SH2OUT supports the provision of open water swimming opportunities for children who wish to participate from the age when they are confident and competent swimmers. Prior to Covid-19 we welcomed children of all ages who were competent swimmers with Covid-19 measures to minimise risk for both staff and others swimming we have a new junior policy in place ;
14 years to 18 years of age
- Participation is subject to:
- Tow Float necessary for all under 18 years swimmers
- Swimmer must have previous Open Water experience and/or strong Club Swimmer
- Each junior if unknown to Safety Team will be assessed for competency by Session Leader.
- If Session Leader deems them to be a high-risk swimmer the swimmer will be asked to leave the lake.
- Parent/legal guardian permission, Swimmer Responsibility Registration document signed and completed by parent/guardian
- The swimmer being accompanied on site by a responsible adult aged 18 or over / a member of the same household.
- Covid-19 measures require accompanying adult to stay in car/car park.
Lifeguards or Land Based safety team will politely ask weak swimmers to leave the session or restrict swimmer to acclimatisation area if swimmer safety is comprised