Introduction To Open Water Swimming
Duration 2 hours – cost per person £40
A session that aims to introduce swimmers, with a little or no experience, to the pleasures of open water swimming.
The session will cover all aspects of open water swimming including:-
- Equipment – What to wear pre, during and post swim
- Planning your swim – Information you should be aware of
- What to ask and what a venue operator should be asking you
- Swimming – safety, dealing with water temperatures > 11 degrees Celsius and <32 Degrees Celsius
- Tips for swimming and building confidence in the water
Group size – maximum of six people minimum of four
The sessions are run by fully qualified instructor with safety team present
The session will take place on lakeside and for those keen to get in, in the lake. Changing will be lakeside, please bring swim kit, warm clothes, warm drink.
If individuals would rather a 1:1 or 1:2 session please ask, we can arrange a date/time/price.