Winter Open Water Swimming Meeting
We would like Swimmers to be fully informed on the practical and theory of the effects of swimming in cold water.
To include :
- Cold Water Shock,
- Cold Incapacitation or Swim Failure – includes other conditions bought about by cold water effect.
- After Drop
- Good Practice for Swimmers
- Factors that modify Cold Water Shock
- Let you know how we will modify our swim sessions for swimmer safety as the water temperature drops
- Introduce the Individual Winter Swimmer Record Notebooks
- Winter Swim Price will be £7.50 beginning on 2nd November
This will be an informal meeting – no power point presentations or flip charts. An opportunity for us to share our learning and for regular cold water swimmers to share their experiences. Please arrive in good time for a 9.00 am prompt start.
There is no charge for session.
We would be grateful if let us know that you are attending – messages via FB and Instagram, plus email email@example.com or phone 01386 871035
Hot drinks and breakfast sandwiches will be available.