Winter Open Water Swimming Meeting 1
We will be hosting a number of Winter Open Water Swimmers Information Sessions over the Winter, the first one being this Sunday 20th October at 9.30 am – approx. 11 am.
Pre-Swim information sessions will also take place on Sat 19th Oct, Sat 26th Oct, and 2nd Nov. These will cover as much as possible in one hour. Please arrive in good time for a 9.00 am prompt start.
We would like Swimmers to be fully informed on the practical and theory of the effects of swimming in cold water.
To include :
- Cold Water Shock,
- Cold Incapacitation or Swim Failure – includes other conditions bought about by cold water effect.
- After Drop
- Good Practice for Swimmers
- Factors that modify Cold Water Shock
- Let you know how we will modify our swim sessions for swimmer safety as the water temperature drops
- Introduce the Individual Winter Swimmer Record Notebooks
- Winter Swim Price will be £7-50 from 2nd November
This will be an informal meeting – no power point presentations or flip charts. An opportunity for us to share our learning and for regular cold water swimmers to share their experiences.
There is no charge for session.
We would be grateful if let us know that you are attending – messages via FB and Instagram, plus email email@example.com or phone 01386 871035
Hot drinks and breakfast sandwiches will be available.